May 9, 2015

Tribute to Ellie

Tribute To Ellie

I didn't know you well, dear girl,
But I knew your precious heart.
Your smile, your grace,
Your beautiful face
Reflected who you are;
Reflected who you were. 

I wish I'd known you better, friend,
But from what I'd seen of you
You're kind, you're smart,
You're a work of art
And it shines with a light like gold;
It shone with a light like gold.

When first you met me smiling,
I saw beauty sharp and clear.
When last I saw you smiling, 
There was love, and never fear. 
I saw a glow that shone through you
With pure and radiate light.
You showered love like rain
And you fought the hardest fight. 

I think I know you now, dear girl,
I've seen your precious heart. 
Your joy, your grace, 
Your beautiful face
Reflected how you love;
Reflected how you loved. 

I wish I'd known you better, friend,
But from what I know of you
You were sweet, you were smart
You're a work of art
And it shines with the brightest light;
It shone with the brightest light. 

When first you met me smiling,
I saw beauty sharp and clear. 
Now we're left with a vision
A shadow of you, dear.
We see the light that shone in you
That will never cease to gleam.
You've changed the world in a gentle way;
You're the sweetest, brightest beam. 

No comments: